The Friary Surgery opened in 1999. The building stands on the site of a Franciscan Monastery founded in 1258 and was originally erected as a private dwelling in the sixteenth century, It later became the headmaster’s residence and boarding house for Richmond School. Overlooked by Grey Friar’s Tower and surrounded by wooded gardens, the building today retains much of its antiquity and original features. However a comprehensive renovation programme has skilfully brought it up to date to meet the demands of modern general practice.
We share our lovely building with the Friary Community Hospital, which has excellent facilities, including in-patient beds, x-ray, physiotherapy, phlebotomy community staff offices and consultant led health clinics.
Where we are
We provide quality, effective primary care to all our patients and we aim to offer the best advice for everyone who visits us.
We work as a team, supporting each other, to ensure we’re all the best we can be.
We care and treat our patients fairly and with dignity. We respect every person in the practice.
We act with integrity in all we do and acknowledge when things go wrong.
“To provide positive patient experiences and resilient healthcare in the dales”
“To deliver safe person-centred quality care in the dales, with respect, openness and honesty”